Centre de santé communautaire Hamilton / Niagara, Centre de santé communautaire Niagara - Primary and Community Health Care Services
810 East Main St Welland, ONL3B 3Y4
Clients have access to various health care professionals and services including family physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, laboratory services, registered dietitians, foot care, diabetes education and management, occupational therapists, dentist, dental hygiene, and vaccinations.
Senior's Services Program:
Health promotion programs:
- Blood pressure clinics
- Home visits from a health care professional
- Case management services for French-speaking seniors or frail adults
- Visiting nurse services may be available for eligible clients
- Health promotion workshops
- Social activities
- English and French physical activity sessions and other community events
- Falls prevention programs
- "Soyons actifs & Gardez L'équilibre" exercise program
- Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program
- Volunteer opportunities
- Oral health workshops and dental hygiene services through a partnership with the Niagara Region for eligible individuals
- Youth hub
Office: 905-734-1141 ext 2221
Crisis : 1-877-336-2433 (1-877-FEMAIDE)
Toll Free: 1-866-885-5947
Mon-Fri 9 am-5 pm
4635B Queen St Niagara Falls, ONL2E 2L7
Provides a number of programs to the community:
CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION (CPR), AED AND FIRST AID TRAINING: Contracts to provide CPR and First Aid Training services to organizations. For information call 905-358-5552 ext 102.
HEALTHY HEART SCHOOLS' PROGRAM: Primary prevention program provides grade nine students with information about their individual heart health profiles to guide them toward making responsible decisions (in partnership with Niagara Region Public Health, the various local school boards, Brock University, and Sick Kids History Childhood Obesity Research Team). Within a five day teaching block, the program provides measurements of fitness, height, weight, blood pressure, total cholesterol and CPR training. Provides the opportunity to present information on reducing the risk factors of heart disease to every person in the Niagara Region at least once in their lives. For information call 905-358-5552 ext 111.
CORPORATE WELLNESS PROGRAMS: Corporate health services provide employers with the education and tools to create a healthy and energetic work culture.
PUBLIC ACCESS DEFIBRILLATION (PAD) PROGRAM: A team with background in pre-hospital care provides quality assurance in maintaining PAD programs. Provides defibrillation training and advocates for timely access to defibrillation throughout Niagara. For information call 905-358-5552 ext 102.
HEALTHY DAILY LIVING PROGRAM (HDL):
- Prevent and reduce future risk of heart disease
- Manage diabetes better
- Reduce risk of more heart problems for people who have had angina, a heart attack, by-pass surgery, heart failure or a history of heart disease
- Improve good cholesterol
- Change lifestyle choices
- Offers a variety of workshops as well as risk reduction services such as: clinical assessment for risk of heart disease, intervention to help quit smoking, lower blood pressure, improve cholesterol and blood sugars
- Fitness: reviewing personal risk score and fitness to choose an activity plan based on one's cardiovascular risk level (fee charged)
Provides stress and echos, holter monitoring, loops and blood pressure monitors by physician referral only. For information call 905-358-5552 ext 104.SMOKING CESSATION PROGRAM:
Offers an on-site smoking cessation program. For information call 905-358-5552 ext 102.COOKING FOR A HEALTHIER YOU:
Provides cooking classes at a location determined by the group/organization/corporation. The cost will cover tastings of food prepared and hand outs. For information call 905-358-5552 ext 118.HeartCORE:
Furnished with MedX circuit training equipment. Weekly circuit style workouts are completed in less than 15 minutes and are performed with slow, controlled movements. An energy coach provides one-on-one attention, ensuring proper technique and safe, effective progression of the exercises.The program is suitable for most people as it offers individualized instruction, resistance loads that are geared toward age and initial fitness level, plus the weekly sessions encourage adequate recovery time. Weekly exercise sessions will increase muscle strength, flexibility, bone health and much more. Additional health benefits include better insulin sensitivity and lower cholesterol. For information call 905-358-5552 ext 109.CYCLE SAFETY EDUCATION:
School Bike Rodeos, Bike Safety Instructors, new to you bike program. For information call 905-358-5552 ext 108.
Partnerships within the Heart Niagara office inclide: Epilepsy Niagara, Family Counselling Centre (Tue) and Community Tax Clinics.
Office Mon-Thu 9 am-5 pm * Fri 9 am-1 pm
Niagara (Region of). Community Services Department - Seniors Services - Seniors Community Programs: South Niagara Health and Wellness Centre
234 Bunting Rd St Catharines, ONL2M 3Y1
A program that helps older adults live active, healthy and independent lives. The South Niagara Health and Wellness Centre is a partnership of community and health care providers offering rehabilitation, wellness education and community resource connections to help older adults become healthier, safer and stronger.
The service provides opportunities for older adults to:
- Access professional services such as Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Language Pathology
- Build strength, balance and confidence through exercise
- Socialize with others who are motivated to stay healthy, safe and strong
- Learn about health and wellness
- Learn about resources available to support independence and health
- Interact with students through classroom experiences
The program combines both exercise, wellness and group participation. Sessions are focused on helping older adults achieve optimal mobility, function in their daily activities, communicate effectively, and make them as independent as possible.
The centre is operated through a partnership of community and health care providers:
- Niagara Region
- Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre
- Niagara College
- March of Dimes Canada
- Home and Community Care Support Services Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Brant
Toll Free: 1-877-212-3922
Office Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Client Programming 9 am-12 noon, 1 pm-4 pm
Niagara (Region of). Public Health - Wainfleet Community Response Unit and Community Paramedic Program
Niagara EMS provides a Community Response Unit (CRU) in the Township of Wainfleet. The CRU has two purposes:
- To respond to all emergency medical 9-1-1 calls as a first response unit while an ambulance is on the way
- To provide an additional health resource to the Township of Wainfleet. This is called the Community Paramedic Program.
An advanced care paramedic, also referred to as a community paramedic, is available to provide home visits and complete general wellness assessments to any resident in the Township of Wainfleet who has health concerns.
Community Paramedics Mon-Sun 8 am-8 pm
Niagara Regional Native Centre - Aboriginal Health Outreach
382 Airport Rd Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONL0S 1J0
Addresses the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects of individuals. Provides individual support and advocacy services to those who are experiencing barriers to accessing the health care system. Offers active living programs (ie walking program) and workshops and other awareness events around various health issues. Provides assistance with:
- status card renewal
- limited medical transportation
- non-insured health benefits program of Health Canada
- information regarding Medical Services Branch (Indian Affairs) medical coverage
Mon-Thu 9 am-5 pm